Brief explanation of a no deposit bonus. Definition of no deposit bonus for new online casino players.
A bonus is playing money given by a casino. You cannot simply take it home. You have to wager it at the online casino, meet all the terms and conditions, and can then cash out the winnings and sometimes the bonus. Usually you have to make a deposit first and get a bonus that is a percentage of the deposit.
A no deposit bonus is money given by the online casino for wagering without your having to make any deposit.
A no deposit bonus is also referred to as a free bonus. It is specified as a flat amount. There are different types of no deposit bonuses.
No Deposit Welcome Bonus
Almost all online casinos offer a welcome package to new players when they sign up. Many of them offer a small no deposit bonus as a part of the package. The aim is to let the new player experience the games without investing their own funds. This is more likely to attract new players. After using the bonus if the player wants to continue wagering at the online casino they would be allowed to make a withdrawal subject to fulfilling the offer conditions.
No Deposit Bonus As Prizes
Online casinos hold promotional contests from time to time. These could be prize draw contests in which you get entries to the draw for performing certain wagering activities. Or they could be leader board contests where you are ranked according to your performance in these contests. In either case, the most common prize is a casino bonus. And since there is no corresponding deposit required, it is a no deposit bonus.
No Deposit Bonuses On Special Occasions
Some online casinos look for excuses to offer no deposit bonuses. So whether it is the Super Bowl, or St Valentine’s Day or the release of a new game, you are likely to find a no deposit bonus promotion code.
No Deposit Bonus Terms And Conditions
The more common and important no deposit bonus conditions are explained below.
- You will be given a no deposit bonus code. When you enter that code at the deposit section of the cashier of the online casino the bonus will be credited to your account.
- You will have to wager the bonus a number of times before you can make a withdrawal. This is referred to as playthrough or wagering requirement. The playthrough of no deposit bonuses are usually larger than those of deposit bonuses, because you are not making any financial commitment.
- If the bonus is redeemable then you will be allowed to withdraw the bonus amount as well when you have fulfilled all the wagering requirements.
- Most no deposit bonuses at online casinos will be non-redeemable or sticky. This means that the bonus amount will be removed from your account after you have completed the wagering requirements and you can only withdraw from the winnings.
- Usually there will be a limit on the winnings that can be withdrawn. Any amount greater than this limit will be removed from the account.